Everything you need to know about
growing your team the right + LEGAL way!
Do you have an established business that is growing rapidly... but you just don't have the time or capacity to do it all?
Then you're likely ready to start adding on team members.
And while your team is likely growing for all the right reasons, you don't want to miss one of the most important steps in the process: THE LEGALITIES OF IT ALL!
In this course, Paige Griffith, J.D. of The Legal Paige will teach you in 1 hour how to build your team legally.
In this course you will learn:
MODILE 1 - INTRODUCTION
- Welcome & Disclaimer
- Where Your Business is At Now and Knowing When To Grow Your Team
MODULE 2 - HIRING A BUSINESS VS. INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR
- The difference between outsourcing to another business that may be run by just one person and bringing on a contractor who works for your company
MODULE 3 - CONTRACTORS VS. EMPLOYESS
- What is the difference legally
- The key things to know about legally managing each type
- Considerations to make based on different state laws
MODULE 4 - MONEY AND OTHER LEGAL IMPLICATIONS
- General price point to be prepared for when hiring
- Short term versus long term workers
- Firing contractors versus employees
MODULE 5 - INTERVIEWING AND HIRING PROCESS
- Language used in advertising and recruiting
- Job Offers
- Inappropriate and Illegal Interview Questions
- Legalities with Background Checks
MODULE 6 - CONTRACTS
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Employment Offer Letter & Employee Agreements
MODULE 7 - INSURANCE
- Managing liability and risk when bringing on team members with the proper insurance
MODULE 8 - FINAL THOUGHTS
- More established versus newer businesses
- Working with an attorney and finding the right one for you and your business
I'll be there teaching you every step of the way (in my most expensive suit... I mean yogis!)
Get your legal questions answered by the TLP team in this online course's private forum.
My name is Paige Griffith and I'm an attorney for online businesses. A few years ago I went to law school while simultaneously starting a photography business and quickly found myself completely immersed in the world of creative entrepreneurship. (Friend, I SEE you. I thought law school was hard...but managing the marketing, social media, client management, and back-end stuff of a small business is NO JOKE).
As I was in the trenches of it all, I realized something rather alarming…
So many of my creative friends had these amazing businesses...but they weren’t doing anything to legally protect themselves when they started hiring a team (and it was costing some of them THOUSANDS of dollars and so many headaches).
There was this dangerous mentality in the creative space where people put their stuff out into the world and just keep their fingers crossed that nothing bad would happen because the legal stuff felt too overwhelming. I couldn’t bear it any longer...
So I opened a virtual legal platform for entrepreneurs and quickly started working with industry leaders like Jasmine Star, Hope Taylor, Jess Jordana with Jess XO, Honeybook, Kids Eat in Color...and the list goes on.
But that’s not even the best part. Today I get to empower my clients and students to take control of the back end of their businesses and get things LEGALLY LEGIT without breaking out into hives. Everything I do centers on the belief that legal success is entirely possible, its easier than you think, and it’s yours for the taking if you simply follow the right path.
If you join this course, I promise you're going to have your approach to business turned upside down...and you’ll be able to implement the strategies immediately to see results.
Can’t wait to see you on the inside!